In June 2024, UW–Madison’s HR and financial systems will move from PeopleSoft to Workday through the efforts of the Administrative Transformation Program (ATP). To assist in this effort and to help make for a seamless transition, the Ancillary Systems Program (ASP) team is working with campus units, divisions, departments and sub-departments that currently interact with HR or financial data from PeopleSoft to determine the best path forward.
Work-to-date (as of October 19, 2022)
- Overall: Partnership with ATP, EAP, and others on campus continues to grow with focus on preparing for development of solutions; change request underway to expand the use of UW-Madison integration infrastructure to be leveraged UW System wide.
- BA Team: Facilitating meetings between campus units and ATP Design Team Leads to determine disposition recommendations for ancillary systems and their business processes (move to Workday or not). About to start on disposition approval effort, to ensure campus units are on board with recommendations. Completed initial conversations with all UW-Madison SCIDs.
- Platform Team (formerly known as the Build Team): Completing platform rubric. Initiated purchase of EA tool. Working with DoIT Financial Services to run two systems near end of life through the rubrics to identify next steps.
- Data Lake Team: Initiated process to hire cloud data architect and should be concluded soon.
- Integration Team: Initiated agreement with AIS/EI to have their API team develop the HR API, allowing the ASP API team to focus on the Finance API.
What you need to know
- An ancillary system consists of any system or application that uses or provides HR or financial data or utilizes UDDS (Unit-Division-Department-Sub-Department). An example ancillary system might be as simple as a spreadsheet that pulls in financial data.
- ASP will identify and compile a list of ancillary systems on the UW–Madison campus.
- Working with Administrative Transformation Program (ATP) and Administration Innovation and Planning (AIP), the team will prioritize and develop effective solutions, including low-code/no-code options or software integrations, for these ancillary systems to continue their work, uninterrupted.
- By June 2024, all identified and critical ancillary systems currently requiring HR or financial data will be transitioned to Workday, an integrated option, or retired.
What you need to do
- Visit the ASP website (Source: asp.wisc.edu)
- Frequently asked questions are also part of the website.
- Share your thoughts! Don’t hesitate to submit feedback and questions. (source: go.wisc.edu)
- Visit the ASP Dashboard to see monthly project updates.
- To see data-centric updates, visit the ASP Metrics Dashboard. You may need to request access.
- Stay informed by joining our mailing list. Send a blank email here to subscribe, firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you or your unit interacts with PeopleSoft data and you’re not certain if your systems or processes will be transitioning to Workday, please reach out to UW-Madison-Ancillary.Systems@mailplus.wisc.edu