In June 2024, UW–Madison’s HR and financial systems will move from PeopleSoft to Workday through the efforts of the Administrative Transformation Program (ATP). To assist in this effort and to help make for a seamless transition, the Ancillary Systems Program (ASP) team is working with campus units, divisions, departments and sub-departments that currently interact with HR or financial data from PeopleSoft to determine the best path forward.
Work-to-date (as of November 16, 2022)
- Overall: Submitted updated budget for FY23. We are planning for next steps after the dispositions are finalized by the end of the month.
- BA Team: Disposition approval effort is underway to ensure campus units are on board with disposition recommendations.
- Platform Team: Low/no code application finalists identified. Finalizing platform rubric questions and process. Starting initial upload of systems into enterprise architecture tool.
- Data Lake Team: Hired cloud data architect (Al Kantor), who started on 11/16.
- Integration Team: Discussed embedding Ancillary Systems Program (ASP) Application Programming Interface (API) team member in Application Infrastructure Services/Enterprise Integration Application Programming Interface (AIS/EI API) team for knowledge transfer. ASP API team has continued receiving integral training and identifying possible use cases.
What you need to know
- An ancillary system consists of any system or application that uses or provides HR or financial data or utilizes UDDS (Unit-Division-Department-Sub-Department). An example ancillary system might be as simple as a spreadsheet that pulls in financial data.
- ASP will identify and compile a list of ancillary systems on the UW–Madison campus.
- Working with Administrative Transformation Program (ATP) and Administration Innovation and Planning (AIP), the team will prioritize and develop effective solutions, including low-code/no-code options or software integrations, for these ancillary systems to continue their work, uninterrupted.
- By June 2024, all identified and critical ancillary systems currently requiring HR or financial data will be transitioned to Workday, an integrated option, or retired.
What you need to do
- Visit the ASP website (Source: asp.wisc.edu)
- Frequently asked questions are also part of the website.
- Share your thoughts! Don’t hesitate to submit feedback and questions. (source: go.wisc.edu)
- Visit the ASP Dashboard to see monthly project updates.
- To see data-centric updates, visit the ASP Metrics Dashboard. You may need to request access.
- Stay informed by joining our mailing list. Send a blank email here to subscribe, email@example.com
- If you or your unit interacts with PeopleSoft data and you’re not certain if your systems or processes will be transitioning to Workday, please reach out to UW-Madison-Ancillary.Systems@mailplus.wisc.edu