In June 2024, UW–Madison’s HR and financial systems will move from PeopleSoft to Workday through the efforts of the Administrative Transformation Program (ATP). To assist in this effort and to help make for a seamless transition, the Ancillary Systems Program (ASP) team is working with campus units, divisions, departments and sub-departments that currently interact with HR or financial data from PeopleSoft to determine the best path forward.
Work-to-date (as of December 21, 2022)
- Overall: We have essentially completed the initial disposition round, with only 28 ancillary systems still needing an initial disposition. In addition, the team started developing a Finance API and HR API, continued developing the FDM conversion tool, continued efforts on the Data Lake, and initiated the Platform recommendation process.
- BA Team: Wrapping up initial disposition activities and working on processes to support needs of the platform and integration recommendation teams.
- Platform Team: Pilot for Platform Recommendation Phase kicked off the week of December 12. The low/no code team started proof of concept for finalist applications.
- Data Lake Team: Began cross-team training between the solution architect (Tom Jordan), cloud architect (Al Kantor) and representatives from EAP, EBS, DoIT, and ODMAS.
- Integration Team: ASP API team started preliminary work on first use case. Team is continuing to search for additional use cases in coordination with EI API Team. ASP IICS team has assembled and begun IICS training. Team developing integration recommendation process.
What you need to know
- An ancillary system consists of any system or application that uses or provides HR or financial data or utilizes UDDS (Unit-Division-Department-Sub-Department). An example ancillary system might be as simple as a spreadsheet that pulls in financial data.
- ASP will identify and compile a list of ancillary systems on the UW–Madison campus.
- Working with Administrative Transformation Program (ATP) and Administration Innovation and Planning (AIP), the team will prioritize and develop effective solutions, including low-code/no-code options or software integrations, for these ancillary systems to continue their work, uninterrupted.
- By June 2024, all identified and critical ancillary systems currently requiring HR or financial data will be transitioned to Workday, an integrated option, or retired.
What you need to do
- Visit the ASP website (Source: asp.wisc.edu)
- Frequently asked questions are also part of the website.
- Share your thoughts! Don’t hesitate to submit feedback and questions. (source: go.wisc.edu)
- Visit the ASP Dashboard to see monthly project updates.
- To see data-centric updates, visit the ASP Metrics Dashboard. You may need to request access.
- Stay informed by joining our mailing list. Send a blank email here to subscribe, email@example.com
- If you or your unit interacts with PeopleSoft data and you’re not certain if your systems or processes will be transitioning to Workday, please reach out to UW-Madison-Ancillary.Systems@mailplus.wisc.edu