In June 2024, UW–Madison’s HR and financial systems will move from PeopleSoft to Workday through the efforts of the Administrative Transformation Program (ATP). To assist in this effort and to help make for a seamless transition, the Ancillary Systems Program (ASP) team is working with campus units, divisions, departments and sub-departments that currently interact with HR or financial data from PeopleSoft to determine the best path forward.
With ATP centralizing all ancillary system integration efforts under one structure, including business analysis and development, this report will remain focused on the current ASP team efforts. However, it will likely have a modified scope moving forward.
Work-to-date (as of March 22, 2023)
- Overall: Currently gathering information on system integrations for all “Keep” systems, while starting to dive into developing an HR and Finance APIs to meet most of the needs identified within this data. In partnership with AIP, starting to work through those systems identified with a “Partial Replace” disposition.
- BA Team: Fully engaged in current state integration discovery for UW-Madison “Keep” systems.
- Platform Team: Draft low-code/no-code recommendation being developed and should be finalized soon.
- Data Lake Team: The Data Lake Acceleration Team was actively formed and began to deliver foundational strategic documents for the project; began working with UW-Madison AWS Reps to understand cloud infrastructure options and tools needed to deliver the enterprise Data Lake.
- Integration Team: The research spike process has begun along with the regular flow of systems through the integration recommendation process. The first Finance API release has been deployed to a development environment. Development on the Assetworks integration using IICS has begun, and the FDM Conversion tool has been released to production. Enhancements to the Person API were deployed as the team develops new functionality to replace PICH.
What you need to do
- Visit the ASP website (Source: asp.wisc.edu)
- Frequently asked questions are also part of the website.
- Share your thoughts! Don’t hesitate to submit feedback and questions. (source: go.wisc.edu)
- Visit the ASP Dashboard to see monthly project updates.
- To see data-centric updates, visit the ASP Metrics Dashboard. You may need to request access.
- Stay informed by joining our mailing list. Send a blank email here to subscribe, firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you or your unit interacts with PeopleSoft data and you’re not certain if your systems or processes will be transitioning to Workday, please reach out to UW-Madison-Ancillary.Systems@mailplus.wisc.edu
What you need to know
- An ancillary system consists of any system or application that uses or provides HR or financial data or utilizes UDDS (Unit-Division-Department-Sub-Department). An example ancillary system might be as simple as a spreadsheet that pulls in financial data.
- ASP will identify and compile a list of ancillary systems on the UW–Madison campus.
- Working with Administrative Transformation Program (ATP) and Administration Innovation and Planning (AIP), the team will prioritize and develop effective solutions, including low-code/no-code options or software integrations, for these ancillary systems to continue their work, uninterrupted.
- By June 2024, all identified and critical ancillary systems currently requiring HR or financial data will be transitioned to Workday, an integrated option, or retired.